Automation Makes Life Easier
Convenience is sort of a strange concept for this reason — once you’ve had a taste of it, it’s hard to return to your normal way of life. If we’re getting down to brass tacks, I suppose none of us really need a robot that vacuums for us. However, once you’ve gotten your vacuuming done without actually having to vacuum, it’s hard to imagine life without that little robot.
Home automation technology works under the exact same principles. There are certain technologies that I didn’t know I couldn’t live without until I tried them — and what do you know? I can’t imagine life without them!
Here are just some of the features of my security and home automation system that I can’t imagine living without —
- Total Connect Mobile App — I can arm or disarm my security system from my iPhone. This is an obvious perk. But I can also adjust my thermostat, switch lights on and off, and even access my garage door from my phone. My phone is with me all the time, and this app has really put the “did I turn on the security system” worry to rest for me.
- System Notifications — With the Ener-Tel system, I’m able to set up notifications for my home security system. Recently my niece spent a week with me, and I set up the system alert to notify me every time she activated or deactivated the alarm. It was nice to be able to keep an eye on her. The notifications also let me know on the morning that she didn’t close the front door all the way. Being in the know like that makes me feel safer!
- Electronic Door Locks — When I’m in a rush out the door in the morning, it makes life so much easier to be able to lock the door with the press of a button instead of fumbling for my keys with coffee, sunglasses, and a handful of other items in tow.
- Thermostat Schedules — The ability to automate our thermostat has saved us time AND money. Having control over the temperature of your home from anywhere means you’ll be ready to shut off the air conditioning when the cold front comes in.
- Video Feed and Video Notifications — It’s so simple (and so comforting) to be able to check in on my home while I’m away using the Total Connect App. Some of our customers love this function for checking in on their kids, and their pets. In all honesty, as an online shopper I like using it to see if deliveries have been made to my house, yet.
Each of these functions only saves a little time on its own. However — when you really use this system to its full potential, you are saving so much time, money, and hassle. These features really have integrated seamlessly into my daily life and I can’t imagine living without them.
If you’re interested in any of these time- and money-saving technologies, just contact us. We’d be happy to help!