Don’t Let the Grinch Steal Christmas
‘Tis the season for holiday joy and home burglaries!
The risk of home burglaries and theft increases during the holiday season when many of us travel to celebrate the holidays with loved ones. There’s nothing worse than returning from Christmas vacation to find THE GRINCH has been vacationing in your home. Here are a few helpful tips to ensure you have a safe holiday season and to prevent a thief from stealing your joy.
- When you’re away, make your home appear occupied by setting lights and televisions on timers. Use motion-sensing and exterior lighting to keep the perimeter of your home lit.
- Increase exterior security to make home more difficult to enter.
- If on vacation, have the post office hold your mail or have a neighbor collect it. Also, be sure to stop the newspaper.
- Always activate your security system when you leave the house.
- Keep all exterior doors locked and use deadbolts.
- Keep the garage door closed and locked.
- Always lock your vehicle.
- Do not leave valuables in view, especially electronics.
- Be an observant neighbor. Notify police of suspicious activity in your neighborhood.
Of course, adding a security alarm to your home will give you the most peace of mind this holiday season. If you’re interested in purchasing a security system for your home, click here or give us a call at (325) 658-8375. We would love to talk to you!